Saturday, January 1, 2011

Almond Joy Tart -Baked Sunday Mornings



Almond Joy Tart - just saying the words sets my taste buds on high alert.  I first made these for the Will Bake for Food bake sale we had in Seattle.  And they disappeared like the proverbial hotcakes.  As soon as people saw Almond Joy- I didn't have to explain anything. These were the first of my items to sell out. Next bake sale I'm going to triple the amount of Almond Joy Tarts that I bake. 

While this recipe has several components - none of the components by themselves are difficult to make.  You do need some good planning.  The tart dough needs to be  refrigerated from 1 hour to overnight.  The white ganache for the coconut cream filling needs to be refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight. And the chocolate glaze needs to set for about 10 minutes prior to application. And then the tarts need to be refrigerated for about 10 minutes while the glaze sets up.  Take the time and make these.  If you love the Almond Joy bar you are going to go crazy over these!

When I made these for the bake sale I made them as 4 inch tarts, today I decided to do just one tart-the amount of dough, coconut cream filling and chocolate ganache was perfect for a 10 inch tart.  And since it's that festive time of year, I dressed mine up for New Years with a little edible glitter. Happy New Years and enjoy !


And check out what my fellow bakers did over at Baked Sunday Mornings. Even better, buy the book and join our group.

My Will Bake for Food Almond Joy Tarts before they sold out !

7 comments:

Littlebakerbunny said...

I'm so glad you made this as a full-size tart as well, because I was pondering trying this myself, and I'm glad to know that the recipe still works out!

You packaging for the bake sale is ridiculously adorable!

Elaine said...

Your tart looks beautiful, Sandy! And I love the mini-ones all wrapped up. I can imagine how quickly they sold out.

Andrea said...

Your mini tarts are adorable all wrapped up with the labels on them! No wonder they went so fast.

Shelley said...

Your tarts are beautiful- I'll bet they were quite the hit at the bake sale! Looking forward to upcoming challeges.

Joyti said...

That looks really glamorous and gorgeous and good!

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely!! Your tart is screaming "I AM DELICIOUS!" No wonder it was the first thing to sell out. =)

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

this looks so yummy... when i heard almond joy..i was sold! i cant wait to make this soon. thank you for sharing.