Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mac Attack 9 - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You


Have I Told You Lately that I love you?Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,Ease my troubles, that's what you do.
For the morning sun in all it's glory,Meets the day with hope and comfort too,You fill my life with laughter, somehow you make it better,Ease my troubles, that's what you do.
There's a love less defined,And it's yours and it's mine,Like the sun.And at the end of the day,We should give thanks and pray,To The One, to The One.

For this month the  Mac Attack challenge was to take your  favorite song and bake it into a macaron !  Well I absolutely love Van Morrison and one of my all time favorite songs is Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. 


With that said, I dedicate this month's challenge to the love of my life-and I am forever grateful and so very happy that he decided to marry me a 2nd time ! (Long romantic story involves long marriage,short divorce and married again in Tasmania -December 10,2009-you can check out wedding pictures here )

I used my new  go to book for macarons  " I Love Macarons" by Hisako Ogita and made the basic vanilla macaron recipe adding a touch of burgundy food coloring gel until I got the shade of pink I wanted.  I made the heart design following the brief instructions in the book  and came up with my own design. I made 2 small circles and pulled  a thin tail from the top center of the circles down to the tip to form the tail of the heart-trust me it was trial and error, with lots of errors !  But I'm happy with the results .  I then used the recipe below and filled them with the ganache. Bon Appetit !




White Chocolate Ganache with Cherry Brandy
Servings: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
10 ounces premium-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into 3 pieces
3-4 Tablespoons Cherry Brandy (from St George Spirits-love them !)

1. Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
2. Bring the heavy cream to a boil, then pour it over the chocolate. Working with a whisk or spatula, gently stir the chocolate and cream together. When the ganache is smooth, stir in the butter and cherry brandy.
3. Cool the ganache by putting the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and cold water. Stir almost constantly, so it doesn't harden; when the ganache is thick enough to pipe and stay where it's piped, spoon it into the pastry bag and fill the macarons



11 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Simply gorgeous! I know how hard it is to pipe macs in shapes different to round ones (I piped letters a few months ago for MacTweets!) so am super impressed with these. And what a lovely story to boot!

lora said...

OMG these are amazing! I love the song and the romance attached to them. The filling sounds delish.

Bonnie said...

I love your hearts. I having attempted that yet. So pretty and I love your romantic story that goes along with them. I'm so behind, I don't know if I'll get mine done this challenge.

Deeba PAB said...

One of my favourite songs of all time, gorgeous macs, and amazing filling. Top that off with the beautiful story sandy, and you got me singing on top of my voice! Thanks for joining us at MacTweets, and for sharing your story with us!

Cristie said...

What beautiful mac's and beautiful song and beautiful blog. Really, really over the top and wonderful. Love, love, love them.

shaz said...

Sigh, what a lovely story and gorgeous macarons. So sweet! Cheers from a mactweeter Down Under :)

Roadtrek Girl said...

Thank you to all of you for your lovely comments.
Sandy

Cathy said...

I've never attempted to make macs in the shape of a heart, but you've inspired me to give it a go. Love the shade of pink you achieved and that filling sounds delicious. Beautiful!

Sue said...

What beautiful macs and a wonderful love story! Love it!

Roadtrek Girl said...

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such sweet compliments :)

Françoise @ chocoparis said...

Love your beautiful heart macarons. Such a pretty colour too. White chocolate ganache with cherry brandy sounds divine!