Thursday, March 31, 2011

Charlies Chocolate Pudding Cake-Chocolate with Francois


I can't believe I almost didn't bake this cake this month.  I really would have missed an outlandish recipe and one of the most delicious and amazing chocolate cakes ever.  I'm so glad that little baker voice cheered me on to try this recipe.  And thank you to Peggy at Pantry Revisited who selected this month's recipe for our Chocolate with Francois baking group.  After coming off the complicated and marathon baking session with the Malted Crispie Tart I wanted something simple and Francois Payard's recipes are usually not so simple. But I read the recipe anyway and discovered how quickly I could make it.


  The most time consuming part is chilling it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.  The only mistake I made was that I didn't pay attention to my ganache and it wasn't as warm as it should have been when I added the butter to it so  I had a few little bubbles of butter when I poured the ganache over the cake. Shame on me-but that's how we learn.  Head over to Peggy's blog to get the recipe and make this cake. Strangers will pledge their love to you once they taste it; neighbors will not stop knocking at your door for another slice and co-workers will be asking daily when are you going to make that chocolate pudding cake again ?



Head over to Chocolate with Francois and see what everyone else did. And really, bake this cake it's crazy incredible. It's rich and smooth and creamy and decadent.  I used bittersweet chocolate for the cake and the ganache and I'm glad I did-it took that "too sweet" edge off of it and gave it an elegant taste.  It's especially good with a little dollop of whipped cream on the side. Bon Appetit.

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow - beautiful beautiful cake and presentation. Thank you so much for cooking this with me. I love seeing what everyone does with a recipe. I really enjoyed this one and you are right. It makes friends love you more!!!

Linda said...

Your cake looks beautiful! Bittersweet chocolate! I'll have to try that!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This cakes looks fudgy and delicious Sandy.Chocolate is one of those decadent desserts we should treat ourselves to once in a while.

Julie said...

Your cake is beautiful!! We loved this one!!

Would you like to choose the recipe for June? Let me know. Thanks!

Joanne said...

We loved it. What a great job you did. I'll have to make it again...the RIGHT way. But even my screw up turned out FANTASTIC!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like chocolate heaven. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your pudding cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

Susan said...

This is sitting on my counter right now, waiting for the chocolate to set up. If mine looks half as good as yours I will be happy. :)