Friday, December 10, 2010

My Go To Beef Daube - French Fridays with Dorie


I was procrastinating this morning.  I have perfected procrastination and it is now an art form. In the middle of my morning I was getting ready to write this post and in doing some research I stumbled upon a beautiful blog My French Kitchen.  You must visit-it is a beautiful world to procrastinate in -from the clever writings, the gorgeous photos and the watercolors-they left me breathless.  As I scrolled through and came upon the first recipe card-so beautifully illustrated with her watercolors,  I wanted to run out and buy watercolors and start sketching. I love this world of blogging-so much to inspire .


And speaking of inspiring-another incredible dish by Dorie Greenspan.  I thought I loved the chicken I roasted a few weeks ago-the Beef Daube-is another new love.  A daube is  the French way of describing stew. Beef stew is a good go to dish on a cold blustery day, and everyone has their own favorite recipe. Just once, set aside that recipe and try this one-this is no ordinary stew. From the pan searing, braising in a bottle of wine-yes a bottle-and the smell of the sauce and garlic permeating the house -a culinary pleasure you must try. Parsnips have become my new favorite vegetable this Fall, I've been adding them to everything and so I was excited to see them as an option to add for this recipe. And of course I added them ! Have you bought Around My French Table yet ?  No ?  Add it to your Christmas list-I'm sure Santa will appreciate the results.  Bon Appetit and Happy Holidays.



6 comments:

Susan said...

Looks great! I loved this stew, too!

Unknown said...

Oh a wish perchance to dream! Thank you so much for the My French Kitchen link! I fear this blog will eat up my afternoon. Oh to have a french kitchen! Thank you!

Audrey said...

I'm not sure I'll get to make this this month, but after reading about how wonderful it is I'm going to make sure I make it next month. (I'm procrastinating too!!) I love parsnips, too. I didn't grow up with them but they're now one of my favorite veggies.

Steph said...

Love your close up shot! Thanks for the new blog to check out...it looks amazing.

Elaine said...

Your beef daube looks amazing and the setting is gorgeous, Sandy. I agree with you about parsnips - they are my new best vegetable as well. Thanks for sharing your new found blog - I am almost afraid to click on the link because all I need is to get lost on another wonderful blog. :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would so love to have Dorie's latest cookbook under my tree.